Gahlspirationcorner with JustMargie

November 29, 2017

Our Inspiration for this week is the lovely Justmargie, we at GAHL just love your hair and we are so honored to be able to share your journey with our readers. Thank you :) 
  • Have you always been natural? If not what made you go natural?
I had natural hair since I was a kid but relaxed it when I joined high school because relaxed hair was then easier to maintain in school. However, my fear was always going to the salon for the process of relaxing and I used to cry a lot because it felt like my hair was on fire!! After high school, I continued relaxing my hair twice a year and when I joined campus, I kept starting the transitioning journey but would always relapse. Finally, in 2013, I decided to chop of my hair completely and start a fresh. I didn’t like how my relaxed hair looked and I also saw it as a mark of a new beginning since around the same time, I had made very critical resolutions for myself. And that is how my natural hair journey began.
  • Your hair always looks so healthy, are you on a healthy hair journey? What inspired you to start one?
One of the main reasons I cut my hair was because it was unhealthy. So healthy hair has always been my goal. Health over length anytime.

  • Do you have a hair routine? How easy was it getting into a regimen, knowing the right products etc?
When I did the BC, I stuck to a very easy routine where I only washed my hair with conditioner, then a deep conditioned every week and I would apply a mixture of coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil every day. I kept it very simple and it worked. As my hair grew, I became open to adding more products into my regimen. The longer your hair grows, the more you must care for it. So, my washdays reduced to once a fortnight and I fell in love with Tres Semme products so I used them as shampoo and conditioner and they worked. Till today, they are the constant products (plus the three oils) in my regimen though I experiment occasionally with other products as well.
  • How do you fit hair care into your busy lifestyle?
I have one free day in a week and that day has become my self-care day. On this day, I make time for my hair and prep it for the week.
  • Do you believe in such a thing as bad hair? Do you believe that African/ black women have good hair?
There is no such thing as bad hair. I believe that when women understand their hair type they will understand their hair needs and that will lead to flourishing hair. All-natural hair, no matter the type, is beautiful.
  • What have you learnt about healthy hair care that you would love to share with African women, especially those who want to start a natural hair journey?
The most important thing I would tell a new natural is that they should start by understanding their hair type. This will enable them find simple products that work for their hair. They should also keep it simple.
  • What goals do you have for your hair?
I didn’t know how versatile natural hair is until I began this journey. So, I want to challenge myself to experiment new hairstyles every day with my natural hair.
  • Do you do your own hair? What is your favourite natural hairstyle and why?
Yes, I do my own hair most of the times and my favourite style is twist outs because they are just simple to do.
  • Do you have a hair idol? Who and why?
Hair idol? Not quite ;-)
  • Did you always believe that you could grow a huge Afro? What changed your mind?
I didn’t know I would grow a huge afro. In fact, when I did the big chop, I was absolutely clueless on what the natural hair journey entailed and I did a lot of box braids instead. However, I have learnt something new every day and my boyfriend, who has been my big support system throughout, has always encouraged me to leave my natural hair open and flaunt it.
  • Is there a product you can’t live without?
Water and Coconut oil
  • Do you think natural hair is expensive to keep?
No; if you understand what your hair needs, then you will not be swayed to be a product junkie. You will only buy what you need.


  • Do you have hair goals?
 Yes, to have a head with big healthy afro (like we see on magazine covers).


Follow just margie on Instagram @justmargie
Blog Justmargie.com 











You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Find out the cost of FUE Hair Transplant Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. Hair transplant cost in Dubai is 4$ US Dollar or 15 AED Per Draft according to
    fue cost in dubai, hair transplant in dubai, hair transplant cost in dubai, fue cost in abu dhabi, fue cost in sharjah
    Fue Cost In Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Its really tough to prepare your hair for some special event especially when you have a date on Saturday. Relaxed hair are easy to manage whole year. BTW your hair is healthy and amazing. Virgin Loose Wave Hair

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for sharing this amazing post. i have also a same blog but i have get lots of ideas and

    knowledge form your post. keep it up. Again thanks for sharing. Visit My blog post:- Rejuvalex Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing hair transformations and natural ways shared in the post. Really helpful for me. Thank you for sharing. You can also try Hair Patch Treatment for permanent hair solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!! If anyone has to lack knowledge about hair transplant Surgery then you must visit our website and read our blog for details information about Hair Transplant Cost in India .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hair loss could be temporary or permanent in Females. Women hair transplant in Dubai & Abu Dhabi is now being offered by the hair transplant center for women who are suffering from hair loss.Can a female have a hair transplant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a hair transplant, inserted hair grafts face some risks but following these instructions can ensure a smooth recovery. Click to know all the instructions.
    When Can You Shower Normally After Hair Transplant?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the lovely tips! My skin looks great now - all thanks to SKeyndor, and now I will try these hair tips too!

    skin treatment in delhi

    skin products in india

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, AuQual clinic is leading best clinic for Hair transplant in Raipur, They gives you PRP Hair Treatment in Raipur at very low cost.
    Hair transplant in Bilaspur

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing us informative post, book your appointment with Hair Transplant in Delhi
    Hair Transplant in South Delhi and get 100 % result for your hair

    ReplyDelete

  11. Finally I something which have the proper information about the topic. If you are interested in reading about the hair care routine for curly hairs and products related to it you can Visit us. Check our published blog here: https://www.theloveofpeople.com/post/know-everything-about-protective-hairstyles-for-natural-hair

    ReplyDelete