Gahlspiration corner with Justnimu

November 20, 2017

How about starting the week with some hair inspiration! gracing the Gahlspiration corner today is the one and only Joan Miano of Justnimu. This young lady has the most beautiful twist outs! Thank you Justnimu You are an inspiration.

  • Have you always been natural? If not what made you go natural?
    I’ve not always been natural. I was once relaxed for a number of years. Then came 2013 when I discovered that there is more to my hair than it just being straight and that underneath al that was curly hair that was all mine.
  • Your hair always looks so healthy, are you on a healthy hair journey? What inspired you to start one?
    I am indeed on a healthy hair journey mainly to inspire others and see what exactly my hair can be when left to its on devices.
    I started a healthy hair journey to find myself and be free of the hectic schedule of maintaining relaxed hair and trying to identify with something that isn’t mine.

  • Do you have a hair routine? How easy was it getting into a regimen, knowing the right products etc?
    I do have a hair routine, but it can be flexible and it’s dictated by how my hair feels at that given moment. Finding a routine that worked for my hair and me was a bit hard, took me almost 2 years into my journey to find what best works for my hair. And as for products, it is still trial and error for a few of them.
  • How do you fit hair care into your busy lifestyle?
It has been difficult to fit my hair care into my lifestyle, but I was able to find a way to do it. As long as I focus on keeping my hair moisturised, I can go up to two weeks without washing it.
 
  • Do you believe in such a thing as bad hair? Do you believe that African/ black women have good hair?
    There is nothing like bad hair. African women have amazing hair, we just need to drift away from the mind-set that our hair is bad an unmanageable and in actual fact it is the opposite. -And slowly but surely, more women are embracing their true selves which includes loving their hair.
  • What have you learnt about healthy hair care that you would love to share with African women, especially those who want to start a natural hair journey?
I’ve learnt to listen to my hair and give it what it needs when it needs it. There is so much information out there, but at the end of the day, one needs to find what best suits their hair, because each and every head of hair is different.
 
  • What goals do you have for your hair?
I would love my hair to grow long, luscious and healthy to a point I no longer know what to do with it and to be able to inspire my own children when I finally get the opportunity to start my own family.
  • Do you do your own hair? What is your favourite natural hairstyle and why?
    Yes, from the very beginning I have done my hair. To be able too understand ones own hair, one needs to be able to do it themselves.
    Currently, I’ve been rocking twists to keep my hair protected and moisturised as I’ve been too busy to let it out.          
  • Did you always believe that you could grow a huge Afro? What changed your mind?
    I never believed that I would till I finally tried. I believe that you don’t know if something will work till you try it out.
  • Is there a product you can’t live without?
    This is a hard one to choose, but if I had a gun at my head and had to choose, I’d have to say a good moisturising deep conditioner.
  • Do you think natural hair is expensive to keep?

    For my hair care routine and lifestyle, I don’t believe natural hair is expensive. As stated earlier, I do my own hair and each product I use doesn’t go beyond Kes. 500. Therefore, in a month I won’t use more than Kes. 2000. 
Find justnimu click here: Instagram justnimu youtube justnimu    blog Allaboutnimu 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Nice blog. Hair transplant is one of the best and permanent hair loss treatment. Most of the people choose hair surgery. so, if anyone suffering from hair loss problem then you can directly visit our website.For more details visit: Hair Transplantation Centre in Lucknow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for beautiful information if you know about what would i look like with blonde hair Weopit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. best hair serum for dry hair in India with price

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally I something which have the proper information about the topic. If you are interested in reading about the hair care routine for curly hairs and products related to it you can Visit us. Check our product list for your curl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mid Taper Fade haircut for men has quickly grown to become popular because it needs low maintenance, looks cool, and works on all hair types.

    ReplyDelete